What to do if you experience unforeseen hardship
If you have a current loan with DCO FINANCE and you are unable to keep up your payments or other obligations because of illness, injury, loss of employment, the end of a relationship, or other reasonable cause, you may be able to apply for a hardship application.
To apply for a hardship variation, we recommend you seek independent budgeting advice ; and
- Make an application to DCO FINANCE in writing or in person at one of our branches; and
- Explain your reason(s) for the application providing documentation if necessary such as bank statements, letter from your employer; and
- Request one of the following:
- An extension of the term of the contract (which will reduce the amount of each payment due under the contract); or
- A postponement of the dates on which payments are due under the contract (specify the period for which you want this to apply); or
- Both of the above.
Do this as soon as possible. If you leave it for too long, DCO FINANCE may not have to consider your application.
At DCO FINANCE we understand that sometimes circumstances beyond your control can result in financial hardship. We are committed to helping you find a solution and are only a phone call away.